In the Laurentians, explore the treasures and revelations of the Chemin du Terroir. The route’s 29 businesses will open the door to a world filled with culinary delicacies, sweet treats, culture, history, parks, gardens and animals. These artisans share their passions as they invite you to discover and rediscover their products.
The Chemin du Terroir is a 226-kilometre trail marked with blue signs that winds its way through rural areas in the Lower Laurentians and Argenteuil. On this trail, we suggest a route to explore throughout the four seasons on trips lasting a day or longer. Why not prolong your getaway and take the opportunity to stay in the region’s inns, hotels and resorts?
All along the trail, you will encounter agritourism businesses who will introduce you to their products. On the spot, you can, of course, buy delicious products but also take farm tours and see how they are made.
- Boulangerie GaRou in Saint-Jérôme and Saint-Canut
- Lachute Farmers’ Market
- La bonté de la pomme, Verger & Miellerie in OKA
- Boucannerie Belle-Rivière in Mirabel
- La Magie de la Pomme and Bistro La Dent Sucrée in Saint-Eustache
- Cabane à sucre Constantin in Saint-Eustache
- Les Fromagiers de la Table Ronde in Sainte-Sophie
- Cabane à sucre Lalande in Saint-Eustache
- Les Serres Stéphane Bertrand in Mirabel
- Gaspor – Fermes St-Canut in Saint-Jérôme
- Aux Saveurs du Printemps in Mirabel
- Verger Richard Legault in Saint-Joseph-du-Lac
- La Tarterie du Verger des Musiques in Saint-Joseph-du-Lac
- Intermiel in Mirabel
Alcoholic Beverage Producers:
Several companies produce alcoholic beverages. Come out and experience not only wine, but also the meads, sparkling wines, port wine, vermouth, gin and cider.
- Négondos, an organic vineyard in Mirabel
- Aux Cassis d’Argenteuil in Saint-André-d’Argenteuil
- Rivière du Chêne Winery in Saint-Eustache
- Vignoble et Microbrasserie Les Vents d’Ange in Saint-Joseph-du-Lac
- Cidrerie Les Vergers Lafrance in Saint-Joseph-du-Lac
- La Bullerie in Saint-Joseph-du-Lac
- Intermiel in Mirabel
- Microbrasserie Dieu du Ciel! in Saint-Jérôme
History and Cultural Heritage:
History and cultural heritage are an important part of the Chemin du Terroir. You can visit, among others, the musée régional d’Argenteuil, located right next to the Carillon Generating Station, or Vieux-Saint-Eustache and its magnificent, historic Church by the Mille Iles River.
- Moulin Légaré – Tour of Vieux-Saint-Eustache
- Musée régional d’Argenteuil in Saint-André-d’Argenteuil
Along the trail, you can also tour gardens like the Route des Gerbes d’Angelica in Mirabel or the Jardins Michel Corbeil in Saint-Eustache.
- Jardins Michel Corbeil in Saint-Eustache
- Route des Gerbes d’Angelica in Mirabel
Make the most of a beautiful day by making a stop at a park for a picnic to enjoy all those delicious local products.
- Parc National d’Oka
- Parc régional Bois de Belle in Mirabel
Experience the Chemin du Terroir from high in the sky or out on the water!
- Hélibellule in Mirabel
- The Oka-Hudson ferry in Oka
GET YOUR CHEMIN DU TERROIR MAP! Maps can be ordered online and are available along with coolers in the Tourist Information Bureau at the Porte du Nord.