The Laurentian region is renowned for its vast forests, beautiful mountain landscapes and lively villages. Winter sports enthusiasts are invited to come try one of our many centres and parks offering cross-country ski and snowshoe trails in the Laurentians. Snowshoers and skiers will be spoiled for choice with more than 15 centres, parks and trail networks in the area that cater to athletes of different levels.
Suggestions for Cross-Country Skiing and Snowshoeing:
- Parc National d’Oka – Oka: Every day from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 28 km of trails for hiking on snow, 20 km of snowshoe trails and 25.9 km of cross-country skiing trails.
- Parc du Domaine Vert – Mirabel: Monday to Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. – Weekday rentals end at 3 p.m. 5.7 km of snowshoe trails and 34 km of cross-country skiing trails ranging from easy to difficult.
- Parc régional Bois de Belle-Rivière – Mirabel: Every day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Off-trail Snowshoeing and 7.5 km of easy cross-country ski trails.
- Centre de ski de fond La Randonnée: from Wednesday to Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 13.5 km of snowshoe trails and 20.8 km of easy to intermediate cross-country ski trails.
- Parc régional de la Rivière du Nord – Saint-Jérôme: Every day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 23.5 km of snowshoe trails and 14.3 km of easy to difficult cross-country ski trails.
- Parc régional de la rivière Doncaster – Sainte-Adèle Weekends from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 16 km of snowshoe trails on 6 easy to intermediate trails.
- Centre plein air – Camping Sainte-Agathe – Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts: Every day from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 12 km of intermediate snowshoeing trails and 50 km of easy to difficult cross-country ski trails.
- Parc régional Val-David Val-Morin: Every day from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 30 km of snowshoe trails and 53 km of easy to difficult cross-country skiing on over 30 trails.
- Parc national du Mont-Tremblant: Every day from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 55 km of snowshoe trails and 43 km of easy to difficult cross-country skiing on over 15 trails
- Parc de La Coulée – Prévost: Every day. 15 km of snowshoe trails and 15 km of easy to difficult cross-country skiing trails.
- Centre de ski de fond Gai-Luron – Saint-Jérôme: Every day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 8 km of snowshoe trails and 27.2 km of easy to difficult cross-country skiing trails. New this year, 7 km of fat bike trails – rentals available.
- Ski de Fond Mont-Tremblant: Monday to Sunday, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 58 km of snowshoe trails and 88 km of cross-country ski trails ranging from easy to difficult.
- The Morin-Heights Cross-Country Ski and Snowshoe Trails Network and the Aerobic Corridor: Every day from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 30 km of snowshoe trails and 162 km of easy to difficult cross-country ski trails.
- P’tit Train du Nord Linear Park – Saint-Jérôme to Val-David: An over 232-km cross-country ski trail on an old railbed between Bois-des-Filion and Mont-Laurier.
- Centre de plein air Roger-Cabana – Saint-Hippolyte: 9 km of snowshoe trails and 12 km of intermediate to difficult cross-country ski trails.
- L’Interval – Sainte-Lucie-des-Laurentides: 20.3 km of snowshoe trails and 37.2 km of groomed cross-country ski trails and 23.5 km of off-track ski touring.
- The Wentworth-Nord Trail Network – Wentworth-Nord: 26 km of snowshoe trails and 15 km of easy to intermediate cross-country ski trails. Fat bike trails (with equipment rental) and Hok ski trails are also available.
- Par Monts et Vals – Laurentides RCM: Par Monts et Vals is a trail connecting the village cores of the municipalities of Ivry-sur-le-Lac, Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, Sainte-Lucie-des-Laurentides, Lantier, Val-des-Lacs, Val-David and Val-Morin.
- Parc Montagne du Diable – Ferme-Neuve: Wednesday to Sunday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 80 km of snowshoe trails and 75 km of easy to difficult cross-country ski trails.
- Club de ski des Six Cantons – Rivière-Rouge: Every day from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. 14.8 km of snowshoe trails and 35.8 km of easy to difficult cross-country ski trails.
- Parc écologique Le Renouveau Rosaire-Sénécal – Nominingue: The 400-acre eco park, located between chemin des Marronniers and chemin Tour-du-Lac, offers nature lovers several trails for different outdoor activities, including hiking, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
Torchlit Snowshoeing Events:
- January 26 and February 23, 2019, from 6:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. at the Parc du Domaine Vert – Mirabel. Come and experience the Parc du Domaine Vert and its wonderful location for your favourite outdoor activities thanks to the hundreds of torches scattered throughout the premises. On-site, you can enjoy the ice rink, the sledding hill (free tubes available), entertainment at Parc du Domaine Vert, sleigh rides, torchlit walks, and snowshoeing and fat bike rides by headlamp. $15 for ages 15 and over and free for ages 14 and under. On-site payment in cash.
- January 26, 2019 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Ski de fond Mont-Tremblant – Mont-Tremblant. Participants can complete a 7 km torchlit excursion on a small 2-km loop with cross-country skis or snowshoes. The evening aims to raise funds to ensure the sustainability of the Palliacco organization so that it can continue supporting people with cancer free of charge. Online sign-up
- January 26 and February 23, 2019, from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Parc régional de la Rivière-du-Nord – Saint-Jérôme. 3 km of lit trails for walking or snowshoeing. Wilson Falls will be illuminated. Stories for children, petting farm, singers and a bonfire. Come enjoy a nice cup of hot chocolate, soup and cookies. Tickets at the door for $20 per adult and free for children.
- February 17, March 1 and March 6, 2019, from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Parc national d’Oka – Oka. Join a family snowshoe hike to the Calvaire in the evening accompanied by a park ranger naturalist. Snowshoe rental is available on-site. Adults $15 and free for ages 17 and under. Reservations required.
- February 2 and 9, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the Parc régional Val-David Val-Morin. An evening of snowshoeing by torchlight will be a unique experience. Alone or in a group, with or without the kids, come discover or rediscover the park. The shimmering stars and torches will amaze you. Light show on the ice walls. $8 for ages 16 and over and $2 for ages 10 to 15.
Keep up with cross-country and snowshoe trail conditions with the Regroupement ski de fond Laurentides (RSFL).
Make your dream outdoor excursion a reality in this unparalleled setting. In the mountaintops, in the heart of the snowy woods or out on the hiking trails, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing are in the limelight! Prolong your getaway and take the opportunity to stay in the region’s inns, hotels and resorts. Have a wonderful outing!